Wednesday, March 28, 2007

With Open Arms

Here I stand with open arms.
My heart aches with a shuttered love,
A love that, by necessity, has been disarmed.
I must carry on, nevertheless, to rise above.

I wish these feelings would disappear,
And cast away all desire of you still further.
Yet in my mind has your beauty been seared,
And nightly my heart sadly murmurs.

When will this pain go away?
When will these impossible thoughts be removed?
Your endearing smile still holds its sway;
Your disarming personality so sweetly soothes.

How can these feelings be so wrong?
It came to me like an angel-white dove.
Why did my heart for you so long,
And yet now tells me not to love?

I tell myself, "Dream no more.
Your love is dead, dead to the core.
This world that you put yourself in
Will only, if you lead yourself, end in sin...
Sin not of action but merely of thought."
Yet, sadly, it was only your love that I sought.